Thursday, March 4, 2010

Free at Last

The family just switched out cell phone plans. We have had the same carrier for about ten years. But we came to the conclusion that we could save about $30 a month by moving to a different carrier.

We looked at a lot of different plans and carriers. The big problem is that most of them require a two year commitment. We didn’t want that. We wanted the freedom to be able to switch carriers at will if they start to raise rates.

The catch is that we have to buy our own phones. And phones cost more than they are advertised for. Because you pay for the phone over the life of the contract. And you keep paying for those phones.

But we were able to get our old carrier to unlock our phones since they were old. My wife spent several hours wading through phone tree hell to get the unlock codes (and one of the codes she got from one rep was totally wrong).

But with the help of a patient clerk at the new carrier and a last minute call to the old carrier’s customer service, we got all of our phones successfully unlocked and switched over.

So we now have a new cell phone provider with the same cell phone numbers as before.

And we have no contract and no obligation.

Reminds me of sin. It binds me to death. When I accept Christ as my savior I am set free from death.

And through his death on the cross I am free at last…

No comments:

Post a Comment