Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Best Laid Plans

On Tuesday morning I was ready.

I had studied the chapter of Living Water by Brother Yun. I had underlined key sentences and looked up relevant Bible passages. I spent time in prayer and contemplation.

I was ready.

And then I went to the study that I (loosely) lead. And after prayers as we were eating one of the guys had a comment about Twitter. And this lead to a discussion about social media and the impact on society and we talked about engaging people.

And we talked about how people of different ages are connecting in different ways. And forming relationships.

A couple of guys are kind of technically challenged. They would admit it. I was reminded how evangelism has changed as society has changed. Not the message of evangelism, not the goal of evangelism, but the tools that we use. Where in the 30's and 40's street evangelism was the norm, in the fifties it moved to radio and TV and then to outreach lunches and breakfasts and stadium events.

While God will still use any and all of these tools today, they are not always as effective as they once were. We have to find new and innovative ways to engage people and build relationships and tell them about our faith.

We didn't get to go over the study that I had planned to do, but I think that we got through the stuff that God wanted us to get through.

My plans are not always His plans. My ways are not always His ways.

But I do know that His plans and His ways are always way better than mine..

No comments:

Post a Comment