Sunday, April 12, 2009

Today

Today is Easter. Really different for us.

We went to church today at our daughter's new church that she just joined last Sunday. Our son was home for 24 hours from college and went with us. Lot's of people in attendance.

We go there early so that we could get a parking space.

I used the men's room prior to going into the sanctuary.

As I turned to wash my hands (yes, contrary to what some ladies may believe some men do wash their hands before leaving a rest room), I noticed a guy in a fairly distinctive shirt using a paper towel to wipe up the counter. Just getting it all nice and neat before he left. A little act of serving others.

Then once the service started there were three men and six women backing up the praise band in a sort of chorus. This guy was one of them (remember, he had a fairly distinctive shirt on).

As I reflected on this I came to the realization that I need to look for those little acts of servant hood. All too often it is about me and not others. And all too often, I miss those opportunities to show others just a little kindness, even if they don't know the kindness being done for them.

Amazing what one can learn on a trip to the men's room...

No comments:

Post a Comment