Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fishbowl

I am excited!

New windows come tomorrow! It will be nice to get rid of these cheap builder's grade, broken, vinyl windows and get new, energy efficient replacement windows. I am also looking forward to lower utility bills both in the summer and winter.

One problem with all this is that we have to clear access to all the windows being replaced. Not a big problem, just takes a little bit of time to move some furniture and clear the window sills.

The other problem is a bit bigger and I am not quite sure what to make of it. We have to take down all the window coverings and hardware. It really brightens up the house. And it really seems like it lets people see in.

We are replacing the kitchen, dining room, laundry room and my office windows.

It kind of feels like people can really see in. I feel like I need to watch what I do.

But isn't this how I should live my life everyday? Like everything can be seen and the people around me can see everything I do? God tells us that nothing is hidden from Him and all will be made known.

All too often I hide behind the curtains and ignore my neighbors and those around me. I erect barriers that keep others from getting to know me. These barriers are flimsy at best.

Don't get me wrong. I do not think that we should eliminate all curtains. I just think that I need to start living my life like all the curtains are gone.

What kind of changes would there be in your life if you lived that way? How would the world look if we all lived that way? And would we have the courage to live that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment