Thursday, February 12, 2009

Trust.

Yesterday (Wednesday) at 130 Pm I got a call to go to my boss's office.
I asked if I needed to bring anything and he said no.

I got over to his office and met with him and his boss.
I was told that I was losing one position and who it was.

No input, no chance for rebuttal, nothing.
I was told that the directive across the board was such that they couldn't involve me in the decision making process and that it was the same for all the managers across the board.

So basically, it came down to those most distant from the work being done decided who should go and who should stay.

Not a great way to engender confidence among the middle level managers.

Further all the notification was handled by the HR department with no input from any of the managers. Not a great way to handle things. I would rather have been involved since I have been supervisng this guy for hte past eight years.

So I (and every other manager) have been told through the way that this process has been handled that I can not be trusted.

I understand that there was a need to avoid needless rumors among everyone.
But this is not a good way to develop support for the organization in a difficult time.

All it does is breed suspicion and distrust.

No comments:

Post a Comment