Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Commitment

A person signs up for a fitness class and promises to attend but then when they don't someone else is left holding the bag to pay the instructor.

People say they will attend a function yet never show, never call and offer no explanations.

A lady at church is constantly 15 minutes late to every service.

Debts pile up with no intent to repay.

Campaign promises are just that, promises only good for the campaign.

Divorce, adultery.

Promises not kept. Words mean nothing.

Whatever happened to commitment in our society?

A man's word used to be his bond. Now it is often means nothing. Unless it is in writing or you have a recording (better have the video too) you can't prove anything. You can't pin me down. I can say what i want to get what I want and listener beware.

Problem is that I want to believe people. And I want people to believe me.
And if I am loose with my commitments and don't keep my word than you want believe me. And I won't believe you.
And I won't trust you.
And you won't trust me.

Not a nice way to live is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment