Thursday, January 15, 2009

Walk to Work

I walked to work today.

In the normal course of things, not a big deal. It is only about a kilometer.

But the challenge was that it was -2 and a -19 wind chill and pretty much straight north into the wind.

Coldest day of the winter so far and probably of the winter since it will be in the 60's next week.

Some may think it was foolish but I enjoyed it as well as the walk home and back at lunch and home after work. No radio to distract me.

See, this was a small challenge, to prove to myself that I could do it.

I think that from time to time we need to take those small challenges that come our way and stretch ourselves. And these challenges will vary for every individual.

Going to walk again tomorrow and it will be cold...

No comments:

Post a Comment