Saturday, January 31, 2009

Waste of Time?

I have spent most of the afternoon doing Internet maintenance things.

Such as setting up a Facebook page and account so that I could join the Christian Bloggers Network.

Joining the Christian Bloggers Network.

Working on Loralie's Indieheaven page.

Finding old friends and family to link to in the these various accounts.

In some ways, this all seems like a black hole, a big time waster. But I am taking precautions and setting up boundaries so that they can't suck me too dry. I used an e-mail account that I can only access after work and on weekends. And I am keeping in mind that the goal of all this is to put me in contact with others so that relationships can develop.

So i don't feel like I am wasting my time. But I was reminded that I need to have boundaries in other areas of my life so that I don't get sucked in to things that are not furthering the kingdom of God. Limiting what I watch on TV and in movies and what books and magazines I read.

Where I go and when and who I spend time with.

Do I still follow the policy of not being alone with another woman other than my wife, daughter or mother?

Boundaries are not confining. When set early, they free us for if we know where the boundaries are we can stay well away from them and enjoy all that God has to offer us.

It's when we flirt with and test the boundaries that we seem to find a way to climb over, under or through and then we get into trouble.

Wasted of time? No.

I think I was reminded of something important today.

No comments:

Post a Comment